Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No one on the corner has swagger like us



Over the weekend I made a cranberry-apple pie, an apple-cranberry-raisin pie, and some rice krispie treats topped with Swedish Fish (something I saw on Serious Eats last week). The pies took three hours. The candy sushi took ten minutes. I'll let you guess which was more popular.

My mother-in-law made a blueberry crumb cake.

The blueberry buckle is one of my most popular desserts. On July 4th, I made one for everyone I know to celebrate New Jersey blueberry season. I was not happy with her infringing on my turf.

I told her that she is no longer allowed to make my trademark dessert. I said, "It would be like if I made your best dessert..." AND THEN I COULDN'T THINK OF ANY OF HER GOOD DESSERTS and she saw me struggling and it was just really, really bad.