Monday, September 15, 2008

It's tricky to rock a rhyme that's right on time


Last night I spent two and a half hours doing six shitty drawings for an illustration class I'm taking. You can see the evidence above. You may say "hey, that's not bad" but it is bad, and worse when you compare it to my classmates' work. Once I heard a woman proudly describe herself as "right at the top of the bell curve," and then pointed far above her head. I am at the bottom of the bell curve. Way on the left hand side.

"My assignment tonight is to show the teacher my inability to appreciate the human form and understand its movement," I told Boyfriend. "For this assignment, I put the croquis into yoga poses. It really helped me get enthusiastic about it," I told him. I picked up the croquis and showed him. "See Bow Croquis? See Warrior Croquis? Check out Lotus Croquis. It's my fave!"

He looked at them. "I think you should try Missionary Croquis. How about Doggy Style Croquis? And don't forget Cowgirl Croquis. It's my fave!"