Monday, June 16, 2008

Let's give them something to talk about

Yesterday I ran a 5k race on Staten Island that has been a family tradition for many years.  After the race I ate three cheeseburgers and drank three beers.  This was around 11 am. 
 
By the time I got to my inlaws' father's day party and my father-in-law broke out the Corvosier that someone had given him as a gift, everyone knew how my day was going.
 
I tried to convince my wife's cousin, who is in high school, to try being a lesbian because she might really like it.  I ended the conversation with, "Just don't rule it out right away. That's all I'm saying."
 
I noticed my father-in-law's new camera lens and asked him if he was trying to compensate for something.
 
When my wife's aunt asked if I had gained weight, I asked her what kind of social rules she lives by that make that question acceptable.
 
And when my wife's cousin asked what type of iPod he should buy, I put my arm around him and said, "Listen, it's not the size that matters. It's how you use it.  And don't let anybody tell you otherwise."
 
I think my wife was happy that I slept on the way home.