Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Where my Killer tape at?

I keep my keys on a carabiner- a heavy carabiner with many, many keys. I could pass for a janitor. My boss saw the carabiner and said, "I am afraid you are going to ruin your transmission! I hope you detach your car keys from that big chain before you put them in the ignition!"

I looked at her. I thought about telling her that I am 22 years old and defy responsibility at every opportunity. The thought of ruining the keyhole of my '97 Toyota Camry does not send shivers down my spine. When I go to the store, I park my car at the end of a hill and not only do I ride the cart downhill to the car, I also get off to a running start. On the weekends, I even get drunk.

And then I realized it was my boss I was talking to and so pretended to value her advice.